Leadership Alliance participant Erika O'Bannon with Professor Margaret Washington. The Graduate School waives admission fees for members of the Leadership Alliance and other select programs.
The nonrefundable application fee of $95 must be submitted with the online application.
Payment must be made using either:
- an e-check in U.S. dollars drawn on a U.S. bank, or
- a Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover credit card.
Payment must be made through the online application.
Application fee waivers
Financial Hardship: In cases of extreme financial need, the Graduate School will consider a request for a fee waiver. Please include documentation of need, such as a letter from a college financial aid office. An email request must be sent to gradadmissions+[at]+cornell [dot] edu (subject: Fee%20waiver%20request) .
Special Programs: The Graduate School is pleased to offer admission fee waivers to qualified participants of the following programs:
- Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students (ABRCMS)
- American Indian Science and Engineering Society (AISES)
- Carleton College Summer Mathematics Program for Women Undergraduates
- CCMR NSF PREM
- CCMR Summer REU Program at Cornell
- CLASSE Summer REU Program at Cornell
- Cornell Summer Math Institute (CSMI)
- CU Integrated Graduate Education, Research and Training (IGERT) Visitation
- Engineering Name Exchange: Michigan, Duke, Georgia Tech & UC Berkeley
- The National Consortium for Graduate Degrees for Minorities in Engineering and Science (GEM)
- Institute for the Recruitment of Teachers (IRT)
- Ivy Plus STEM Symposium
- The Leadership Alliance
- Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation Summer Undergraduates (LSAMP)
- Mathematical and Theoretical Biology Institute (MTBI)
- MBG Summer REU Program at Cornell
- Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellowship Program
- McNair Scholars
- Minority Access to Research Careers (MARC)
- National Name Exchange
- National Organization of Black Chemists and Chemical Engineers (NOBCCHE)
- National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE)
- National Society of Black Physicists (NSBP)
- National Society fo Hispanic Physicists (NSHP)
- Project 1000
- Society for Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS)
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE)
- Summer Institute for Literary and Cultural Studies (SILCS)
- Summer Program for Women in Mathematics (SPWM)
- Team for Research in Ubiquitous Secure Technology (TRUST)
- Translational Applications of Nanoscale Multiferroic Systems (TAMNS)
- Williams Math Summer Research Program
For the special programs listed above, applicants can request a fee waiver and send the following information to grad_assoc_dean+[at]+cornell [dot] edu: name, date of birth, name of the undergrad summer research or other grad school prep program they participated in and date of participation, name of the field to which they are applying at Cornell. Applicants will receive an email reply with a fee waiver code and instructions on how to use it. Please note: Fee waivers will be processed Monday through Friday, during normal business hours. Please allow 72 hours for processing.