The nonrefundable application fee of $95 must be submitted with the online application.
Payment must be made using one of the following:
- an e-check in U.S. dollars drawn on a U.S. bank, or
- a Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover credit card.
Payment must be made through the online application.
Application fee waivers:
Financial Hardship - In cases of extreme financial need, the Graduate School will consider a request for a fee waiver. Please include documentation of need, such as a letter from a college financial aid office. An email request must be sent to gradadmissions+[at]+cornell [dot] edu (subject: Fee%20waiver%20request) .
Special Programs - The Graduate School is pleased to offer admission fee waivers to qualified participants of the following special programs:
- Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students (ABRCMS)
- Carleton College Summer Mathematics Program for Women Undergraduates
- Cornell Summer Math Institute (CSMI)
- CU Integrated Graduate Education, Research and Training (IGERT) Visitation
- CU Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation Summer Undergraduate Research Program(LSAMP)
- The National Consortium for Graduate Degrees for Minorities in Engineering and Science (GEM)
- Institute for the Recruitment of Teachers (IRT)
- Ivy Plus STEM Symposium
- The Leadership Alliance
- MTBI (Mathematical and Theoretical Biology Institute)
- Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellowship Program
- Michigan Name Exchange
- McNair Scholars
- Minority Access to Research Careers (MARC)
- National Name Exchange
- Project 1000
- Society for Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS)
- Society for Women Engineers(SWE)
- Summer Program for Women in Mathematics (SPWM)
- Williams Math Summer Research Program
For the special programs listed above, applicants can request a fee waiver and send the following information to grad_assoc_dean+[at]+cornell [dot] edu: name, date of birth, name of the undergrad summer research or other grad school prep program they participated in and date of participation, name of the field to which they are applying at Cornell. Applicants will receive an email reply with a fee waiver code and instructions on how to use it. Please note: Fee waivers will be processed Monday - Friday, during normal business hours. Please allow 72 hours for processing.