Cornell University is one the world’s leading academic and research institutions and has the broadest range of programs in the Ivy League.
Some have called Cornell the “first American university”. At its founding, the University opened its doors to all and combined a traditional emphasis on classics and humanistic disciplines with an equal emphasis on the theoretical and applied sciences.
This breadth of study with strong fields in each of the disciplinary areas is one of the Graduate School’s traditional strengths. In the recent NRC report, Cornell had more fields ranked than any other private institution. Find a field of study.
Graduate School Rankings:
Graduate fields are consistently ranked highly against peer institutions, and the University is consistently ranked in the top 15th among research universities worldwide.
- Cornell’s research doctorates are among the best in the nation with almost half appearing in the top ten range of rankings according to one measure (NRC Report on Research Doctorates 2010) read more...
- Cornell graduate fields consistently rank in the top ten. In the most recent rankings of engineering fields, seven ranked in the top ten...(U.S. News & World 2011) read more...
Cornell University Rankings:
- Academic Ranking of World Universities – 12th
- Times Higher Education Ranking of World Universities – 14th
- US News and World Report National University Ranking – 15th